So, Three Keys in the Desert came out a few months ago, and I figure it’s been long enough to do a fun little giveaway. I’ve been looking for something really cool and personal to use as a prize, since this novella has meant so much to me and in my wildest dreams maybe 5-6 people were going to read it once I put it online.
Instead, the response has been… beyond what I could have imagined. Everyone who’s written posts about this story, who’s recommended it to their friends, who’s taken the time to write a review… thank you. To see so many people read the story and react to it has been amazing.
So, in between working on more short stories and developing my novel idea, I wanted to do something to celebrate.
So what swag are you offering?
- A key shaped watch on a long chain. You can take it off the chain and keep it in your pocket or on a shelf, or you can wear it as a necklace. It offers a world of unlimited possibilities, really.
- A personalized postcard from me, from the postcard coloring book Secret Garden. Meaning this will be a postcard I will color in especially for you, and write you a personal message (could be from one of the characters in Three Keys in the Desert – up to you!)
- A digital copy of “Futuristica: Volume 1”. This is an anthology that has stories by amazing authors like Stephanie Burgis, Megan Chaudhuri, Wole Talabi and many more, including a story by yours truly called “Life and Death in the Frozen City”.
And what do I have to do for this hoard of treasures?
One or more of these things:
- Write a review of Three Keys in the Desert on Amazon
- Write a review of Three Keys in the Desert on Goodreads
- Write a review of Three Keys in the Desert on your own blog/journal/etc! As long as it’s public and you can link me to it, it counts.
Then just SIGN UP FOR THE GIVEAWAY with your email and the relevant links!
What if my review isn’t 100% positive?
There are no requirements regarding the nature of the review to enter this giveaway. It doesn’t matter what you said, as a reviewer myself I’m not looking to sway you to be positive. Your honest opinion is good enough, whatever it is.
What if I already left a review a while ago?
That totally counts! Link me to it!
Where are you willing to ship the physical prizes?
Anywhere in the world.
ANYWHERE. Are you doing research in Antarctica? I hope the postcard cheers you up through the long winter.
Any way I can increase my chances?
Sure, you can also sign up for my New Release Mailing List (or confirm that you’ve already signed up with the email you used for the giveaway). That’ll give you an extra point.
When do I get my prizes then?
The giveaway will end on December 9th. I’ll announce the winner a few days later.
Anything else I should know?
Make sure you’re comfortable with giving me a physical mailing address (for the postcard and the watch), and make sure you check your email in the days after the giveaway ends. If I don’t hear back from you within 48 hours I’ll have to pick another winner.